The Coopera (Co-operate) is the programme for those who wish to embrace the challenge of self-knowledge, ecology and self-management along with us. The daily life of community brings specific demands for which we set up a weekly schedule alongside the participants. The rhythm of the programme integrates the participants in the activities of the community, providing dynamics and internal experiences which occur organically, such as:
- Moments of meditation;
- Taking care of the spaces (green rooms – seedlings, plants, apiary of stingless bees, temples);
- Getting in touch with projects developed in the region on several areas of knowledge;
- Daily attention to the maintenance of the Foundation's space.
In the modalities Mango and Pitanga (Surinam Cherry), between four to six hours of daily service, we share a little of the practical meaning of living in community with those who feel that call, planting seeds of a new future by creating and working a different present. To live in community in a sustainable way means that we decide to rewrite our story, not accepting the usual rules - and this brings us, besides all the personal gratification, a series of challenges and responsibilities which we decide to accept collectively.
- PITANGA - Simple lodging and breakfast, plus the use of the shared kitchen. Compensating discount – six hours of work per day (including two hours helping in the kitchen after lunch). Minimum one week stay.
- MANGO - lodging and two meals, plus the use of the shared kitchen. Compensating discount – four hours of work per day (including two hours helping in the kitchen after lunch). Minimum one week stay.
- Coming soon CooperaComArteFTM, special artistic residency programme.
Specific modality for those who are registered in the XamAM school:
- ARAÇÁ - contribution of service 2 hours per day, we offer: balanced diet, catering buffet, 2 meals and lodging including bed and bath linen, use of the shared kitchen (cleaning supplies and cooking gas included), free Internet for 15 days, support and community life experience for the students.
- Any cooperating person is responsible for the care and cleaning of the room/chalet where he or she is accommodated.
- Accommodation - in simple single rooms or chalets with up to three people. We offer community areas, laundry, parking area and spaces for contemplation and meditation in Temples that were envisioned and built in Mother Nature.
- Lacto vegetarian egg diet. We offer a healthy balanced diet (proteins, carbohydrates, fats, fibres) in addition to the vitamins, omega 3 and minerals required for the healthy function of the body.
- Use of the shared kitchen - it means that people can use the shared kitchen which has a cooker and hob, fridge, table, chairs and kitchen utensils for their needs. The food must be purchased individually. Attention! Cleaning the kitchen is responsibility of the community, if cleaning is not done a fee will be charged.
- For cleaning supplies and cooking gas, a contribution is required.
More information and registration: